EPIC LG Marketing FAIL - Optimus One P500 Sale.

I woke up really, basically to fall in line for LG's 50% price slash sale for the Optimus One P500. It was pegged at PHP 6,450 against its PHP 12990 regular price.

Having the knowledge that there were only 50 units up for grabs, I went to SM Annex North EDSA anyway to join the fray. It was supposed to be a surprise gift for my lovely wife. Sorry dear, I will get you another phone next week.

At 5 minutes before 10, I was rather stumped when the mall was open. Going through a flight of escalators, I caught a glimpse of the horror that was before me.  WTF, there was already a line; an effin mile long looping line. Where did these guys come from? Did they camp here all day?Or could they be employees of Stream 24/7 BPO housed in the same building? Hmmmm.. I smell fish.

The lone LG concept store clerk was now supplemented by 3 clueless clowns. I pitied the guys who fell in line.  They had not known that there were only 50 units up for grabs per store.  So, I said screw it, I am gonna pay my bills and play me some Playstation 3 upstairs.

Really, those folks who waited were hungry and sweaty as hell. They did not have to go through that. Had they been informed that only 50 units would be up for grabs during the sale, they would not have wasted a day’s time just for this freakin sale. And to think that the Metro was on high alert due to the travel advisories issues by the US and other countries. 

Mall security was blatantly lacking. I was not even frisked. The guard just waved his metal detector. Top checking time; 1 sec. I kid you not.  Also I noticed, that if you were a kid you basically bypass the mall security and just slip your way though the guards.  Wow, I just imagined that if a terrorist was serious, he could have brought with him some kids. Put 1 or 2 bomb components on a back pocket and regrouped in the toilet and assembled everything there.

In less that 15 minutes he could have wiped out a line of people clueless waiting to a phone sale did were not even viable of obtaining in the 1st place.

The following things happened and are considered to be a Failure.

1. LG Marketing - False advertising.. Tsk tsk tsk...
2. LG Staff - They could have just apologies to the crowd initially and advised them that the line stops at 50.
3. Mall Security - You guys are very much always poking around when people are sitting on the stairs but you can't be serious with you frisking. WTF!
4. DTI - I was there, there was no DTI rep to oversee the event.


Anyway, gotta go.

Cheers.


Comments