Fixes for RF Online Novus Rising Crit error


Ok. After reading the boards and doing a lot of research, I will be heading back home in an hour’s time.

My battle plan:

1. Download Windows XP Service Pack 3 and install (Do I have to? I really hate SP3).
2. Download the latest driver for my pesky graphics adapter (Check – I will do this)
3. They said to install the Direct X 9.0c that is on the installation folder of RF Novus Rising ( Hmmmmm… I’ll try this first )
4. Follow this advise below:

Posted by : EASY see link below:

http://rfboards.levelupgames.ph/index.php?showtopic=94772

RF needs two updates C++ and DX9, both can be found inside your RF game folder.. apparently it doesnt install automatically unlike the rf global installer..


1 Double Click the DXwebsetup found in your RF game folder. This will update your DX files

2. Double Click the vcredist32.exe found in your RF game folder.. This will update your C++ runtime library

3. Do not turn on EAX sound unless your sound card is EAX complaint!! , to be safe turn off the BGM sound and other sound options in the launcher settings , Uncheck those sound options , turn off EAX in the game

4. DEFRAG YOUR HARDISK!

5. Update your Video Card Driver

6. Update Sound Card Driver

7. Install AVI codec prefarably DiVx codec


Possible other issues :

Operating system needs an Update, update service pack.

RF having issues running on non DX9 video card i.e. DX 8.1 and below video card like geforce FX5500 and below , ATI 9000 series and below.. Note: dxdiag is only the software side..

RF is now stricly DX9 from what I've seen.. some graphic elements will not be rendered if your using Geforce FX 5000 series and below , ATI Radeon 9000 series and below ..

+++

I think I am all set, I think I am pulling up an all nighter again.....

Comments